10 Senators Call On FCC To Stay Strong On Robocall Rules

Tim Marvin
Campaign Manager

Friday, May 15th, 2015

Recently the Federal Communications Commission has been bombarded with requests that would result in you receive more solicitations and robocalls. Recently 10 Senators wrote to the Chairman of the FCC calling on him to keep these rules strong:

From the Senators’ letter:

“These proposals would threaten privacy and result in an increase in disruptive and annoying calls for American consumers,” write the Senators in the letter to FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler. “We strongly urge the FCC to maintain the TCPA’s privacy protections and to continue to protect consumers from unwanted calls.”

The signers were

Senators Edward Markey (D-Mass) Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.), Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), Richard Blumenthal (D-Conn.), Amy Klobuchar (D-Minn.), Tammy Baldwin (D-Wisc.), Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.), and Al Franken (D-Minn.)

You can read the entire letter here.

12 responses to “10 Senators Call On FCC To Stay Strong On Robocall Rules”

1. John M Davis says:

I stand with the signatories of this letter. That not one Republican deigned to sign indicates the pathetic absence of cooperation in the US Senate. That some of most progressive senators declined to sign this letter (our Senator Brown being one) requires an explanation to his supporters.

2. Chas Brown says:

I enrolled with nomorobo a few weeks ago and went from about 5 calls a week to zero. There is no charge for the service. The actual web site is http://www.nomorobo.com. In my case I set it up through my Xfinity account, but it can be done on almost any phone set up. The free market seems to come up with ways to address problems, so I’m not sure we need the government getting involved in even more aspects of our lives.

3. Rory Link says:

I am seeing fewer bees every year. Pollination of course is important. But lets not forget honey. No bees, no honey. And who wants pesticides in their food; Yuck

4. Linda Jeschofnig says:

My private phone is for my convenience, not to give solicitors an opportunity to interrupt my life and try to sell me stuff!

5. Lorraine Levine says:

The companies behind these calls ignore the do-not-call rules. Why should they be given more privileges? Give me peace and privacy!

6. Mike Gagner says:

Keep strong rules about robo-calls. I pay good money every month for my phone service. I should be in charge of who gets my phone number. I am not a service for the phone company. If they would like to give me a free phone service, I would gladly accept robo-calls.
    Mike

7. deb voisin says:

robocalls waste my time and i want them blocked

8. Marna Conrad says:

I notice all the signers are Democrats…..
    Put me in charge and they would disappear in approx. 5 hours.

9. Linda Weiland says:

I run a business and I don’t have time for these ridiculous calls. And the fact that they annoy me guarantees that I’d NEVER buy what they’re selling.

10. Jesse Gonzales says:

I get the same ones over and over even after asking them to cease calling. Please stop these calls.

11. Anda Cochran says:

Thank you for pressing for our protection from robocalls. These calls are annoying and simply open the door for scams. I am home most days and get 3 -6 of these calls a day. Thank goodness I am scam savvy. I rely heavily on caller id to help me avoid these calls.