Addressing Rising Healthcare Costs: A Working Meeting for Consumer Advocates
From November 10-12 2013, Consumers Union and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation (RWJF) convened a working meeting in New Orleans for consumer advocates on ways to address rising healthcare costs. This meeting featured expert speakers and new resources including research offering insight into healthcare cost drivers and potential cost containment strategies.
On the meeting’s event website, you can access resources produced for the conference, speaker presentations, and a visual summary of the conference produced by conference facilitator and information design specialist David Sibbet.
- Addressing Rising Healthcare Costs: A Resource Guide for Consumer Advocates
- Speaker Bios
- Slides: Paying Till It Hurts
- Speaker Slides
- Elisabeth Rosenthal, M.D., Keynote
- Anne F. Weiss (No slides)
- Lynn Quincy: Healthcare Costs 101 – Ten Things You Need to Know
- Chapin White, Ph.D.: Prices: The Real Healthcare Cost Driver
- Marianne Udow-Phillips: Going Where the Money Is: Health Care Cost Drivers
- David Adler (No slides)
- John Auerbach: Paying for Population Health as a Part of Healthcare and Payment Reform
- Len Nichols, Ph.D.: Incentives Matter…and CAN Improve Health
- James Fasules, M.D.: Healthcare Cost Strategies: How Strong Is the Evidence?
- Charles Roehrigh, Ph.D.: Healthcare Cost Strategies
- Stephen Zuckerman, Ph.D.: The ACA Offers Plenty for Cost Containment
- Brian Rosman: Can Consumers Organize for Delivery Reform? The Massachusetts Campaign For
- Marti Rosenberg: Health Insurance Small Employer Task Force: Informing and Engaging Employers on Rate Review
- Lorez Meinhold: Colorado’s Efforts on Better Outcomes in Health
- Laura Etherton: Advancing Accountability – Cutting Waste and Improving Care in Oregon
New Issue Briefs commissioned for this conference: